Updated: Feb 8, 2022
The effectiveness of Reiki, a holistic
therapy that works alongside
conventional medicine and treatments,
has for years had its validity questioned,
however more recently it is gaining new
respect within the medical community.
For years, Reiki and other holistic therapies have been looked down upon by medical associations, practitioners, and scientists. The idea that the human body was surrounded by an invisible body of “life force energy” was considered nonsense in the west. These “life energy” fields are accepted in China as Chi or Qi, in Japan as Ki and in India as Prana but outside these countries, as it was immeasurable by traditional research or scientific instruments it was viewed as balderdash.
But now all that is changing.
There has been an increasing amount of serious, in-depth clinical trials on Reiki over recent years and undoubtedly more will follow. At last, new science is beginning to prove that Reiki works. The UK Reiki Federation has gathered over a hundred clinical trials and published articles in a document called “Reiki – The Body of Evidence” which can be downloaded as a PDF copy. This link will take you to Reiki research documents on the UK Reiki Federation Webite.
Reiki is used in hospitals in the UK and USA as well as other countries. The short video below explains how Reiki is used not only in hospitals generally but in the operating theatre as well.
Is Reiki being used in medical settings?
Reiki is beginning to be recognised in a wide variety of settings within the UK, including within NHS hospitals such as:
· Southampton University Hospitals NHS, Southampton
· University College London Hospitals NHS, London
· Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
· Newham University Hospital NHS, London
· Aintree University Hospitals NHS, Liverpool and
· South Tees Hospitals NHS, Middlesbrough
Reiki is being offered within these medical settings too:
· patients with stress and mood disorder
· complement conventional cancer treatments
· complement the treatments of endometriosis
· palliative care cancer patients (day care)
· offered by elderly medicine services
· staff as part of a project to offer complementary therapies
Examples of other places Reiki is being offered include:
· Carers Associations
· NHS Occupational Health Departments
· NHS Medical Centres
· Social Services Day Care Centres
· Drug & Alcohol Abuse/Addiction Programmes + Substance Abusers & Families Support Networks
· GP & Dental Practices
· Residential Care and Nursing Homes
· Local Council Health and Harmony Events treating post-natal mothers, Asian Elders, and others
· Brain Injury rehabilitation centres and
· HIV/AIDS organisations’ holistic health and healing centres
As Reiki continues to become a valued therapy for the hospital setting, analytical reporting continues to add to the much-needed pool of evidence that Reiki is indeed a worthy, effective method for facilitating the healing process; one that can contribute to the improvement of patients everywhere and to the improvement of our health care systems.
Reiki Treatments in Sudbury, Suffolk, UK.
The Reiki I offer here privately in Sudbury, Suffolk is the same as that offered by the hospitals mentioned above. Like theirs, mine is of a professional standard; I am a Master Teacher and I have full public liability insurance with Westminster Insurance.
Sudbury has plenty of car parks which offer 3 hours free parking and are also within a 5 - 10 minute walk of Suffolk Reiki. My treatment room is based within a holistic therapy building on the ground floor which provides fairly easy access.
Can Reiki be done long distance?
Believe it or not, Reiki is just as effective when done long distance!
Therefore, if you are unable to attend a session in person due to your location or mobility, you are still able to reap all of the benefits of Reiki without worrying about traveling.
How do I book a Reiki Session?
If you would like to start your Reiki journey, click on the button below. Simply add your telephone number on the message form at the bottom of the Booking and Fees Page and Lorna will call you to arrange a convenient appointment for you.
Reiki blessings x